9/13/12

Fall Mantels

From what I see, most have either begun or at least thought about their fall decorating.  For those who have mantels they can be a beautiful and colorful focal point.
 
 
(Before you continue, let me warn you that I am a little bitter today. In my final comments I am not referring to any one blog or person, it's an overall thing)
 
 
 
Sweet Designs Blog
 
 
 
Better Home and Garden
 
 
Better Home and Garden
 
 
Decorating Ideas Made Easy Blog
 
 
Martha Stewart
 
 
Trendy Tree
 
 
 
It's difficult for me to find mantels that I really like.  I am not much into what I call "Baby Furniture" decorating meaning just filling in with whatever.  I see this quite often in homes where individuals fill in with furniture that is too small for the room.
 
I enjoy lush, fullness and uniqueness.  I am so over the
"copy cat" syndrome as well.
 
Our homes should reflect Us not Us and everyone eles' home.
 
This fall be unique, take a walk outside, use nature, fill in with lushness, let your decorating speak who you are.  Use larger pieces to catch the eye not gaudy . . .lush, warm.
 
I apologize, but I am so tired of seeing the same thing in every one's home.  I love it when I come across a blog that shows true uniqueness and sophistication.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment