2/20/12

Mixing Patterns

Coming up very soon, I will again be teaching classes at our local college.  The first class is on color palettes.  The last time, I taught this class I had students create a color palette for a room that they were either re-doing or planning to.  Starting with a color palette in mind,  they first chose a color(s) for their walls, then I had them choose three (no less than three) to five patterns that they could bring into the room to include area rugs, pillows, bedding, furniture and window treatments. 

Giving a few guidelines, I encouraged them to be creative in their choices.  They were really surprised to see that by mixing different patterns created a more inviting and interesting room.

















So do tell . . .do you mix patterns?




No comments:

Post a Comment