10/18/11

Just a Little . . . Fall

In all honesty I did not do much as far as Fall decorating this year.  I usually do a lot more, but this year has found me with many more important matters  and many more needed obligations to tend to. 

So I bought some great smelling candles, cleaned, freshened up, changed out our bedding from light and airy to warm and cuddlely and added a few touches that say "Come on in!" 

In all honesty, I am waiting for Christmas!  I get to decorate with my son and his girlfriend in mind this year YEAH!!  I love it when my boys get to come home for Christmas this is a rare and special treat so when I know they are coming, I do my very best to create an extra special holiday for their sake. 

I'll be very anxious to share those pictures but for now here is a little Fall On Elk Street . . .



Soft colors of muted browns, whites and greens say welcome and come on in!

Throws and soft lighting . . . always makes for an inviting statement.







Fall leaves and a scented candle in the kitchen.






Warm throws, extra soft lighting and plenty of books and reading materials are added to the family room.




Dinning room buffet . . .



As long as the days continue to grow shorter and Mother Nature shares with us misty rainy days and much cooler temperatures smells of warmth will continue to linger throughout the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment