12/17/11

I Shall Receive

One week from the Eve of our Savior's birth, as I am personally approaching this day, I am reminded of so many things.  Christmas is not about the gifts wrapped in paper and bows but, rather the gifts wrapped in my heart.

Growing up the excitement of Christmas day was no different for me than any other child anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa and to see all that was left for me to peek into.  I always knew of God but, the emphasis was not so much on His Son's birth, as it was on what was beneath the tree. 

I am truly at a stage in my life that I have come to understand that the giving and receiving is so much more than that of material gifts.  It's the giving of my heart to the One who gave His life for me.  This gift has meaning without words.  This year, I am thinking not about how much I can give but, rather how much I can receive from my Christ who gave His life so unselfishly that I may life Forever!  Amazing!

My favorite part of Christmas morning has always been the stocking.  I am a kid again, as I open the tiny gifts packed inside.  I really do not care if I receive anything else.  I compare this to Our Lord, He has so much packed inside for us to receive; why would we want for anything else?

If you want to understand the true meaning of Christmas then give all year long as Christ did and continues to do.  Don't wait for this one day to give all you think you can but, give to those you love throughout the year both gifts of the heart and of wealth.

I would like to share with you the precious gifts that I have received from My God, My Lord . . .My Savior
















Thanks for stopping by . . .Merry Christmas from Our Family to Yours!























No comments:

Post a Comment